- In-Office Whitening System or Take Home Whitening System
- Over 10 Shades Whiter In Under 60 Minutes!
- We use only high-quality dental-grade materials
- Safe for use on veneers, caps and crowns
- Won’t damage existing restoration work!
Teeth Whitening Toronto
Teeth Whitening - Get The Smile You’ve Always Wanted
I am: * (Select one)Teen Parent Adult
Which best descibes your smile?
Teeth Whitening Toronto Expert Dr. Aksana Tkachenko
Your smile is single-handedly the most recognizable feature on your face.
In other words, it’s also the thing that people notice about you the most!
Don’t be embarrassed by a yellow or stained smile. Come in to see Dr. Aksana and her team, and get your teeth 10 to 12 shades lighter in just one visit.
With that in mind, it’s important to understand that whitening procedures, other than those that use fluoride, are most often considered as cosmetic procedures, which might not be covered by your insurance provider.
However, our teeth whitening system is a completely non-invasive procedure, which has been approved by the FDA and Health Canada.
In fact, our Teeth Whitening procedure is quick and painless, providing you with immediate results even before you walk out of the door after your appointment. For this, your dentist or hygienist will use an oral whitening gel, as well as a UV light tool to remove stains from the surface of your teeth.
Instantly remove stains that have built up for years in as little as 60 to 90 minutes!
Teeth whitening clinic in North York, Toronto
It’s also good to note that teeth whitening procedures have been proven to have zero negative effects on the enamel or other parts of your teeth.
Located in the heart of North York, Chroma Dental is proud to offer affordable teeth whitening, guaranteed to get you a brighter smile in no time!
Interested in learning more? Don’t hesitate to schedule a free consultation today!
Teeth Whitening Preparation And Aftercare
- Sores/Cuts - Patients should never undergo a teeth whitening treatment if they have any cuts, scrapes, or sores in their mouth since this will lead to increased risk of irritation and discomfort.
- Piercings - Make sure to remove any tongue or lip piercings before undergoing teeth whitening treatment.
- Eating - Aside from drinking water, it’s best to avoid eating or drinking anything that may stain your teeth 1 hour before your whitening appointment.
- Dental Cleaning - For best results, we recommend having your teeth professionally cleaned within 6 months of your whitening treatment.
- First Hour - Like before your initial treatment, it’s best to avoid eating or drinking anything for at least 1 hour after your whitening procedure has been completed.
- First 24 Hours - During this time, we recommend that you avoid eating or drinking anything that may cause staining. This includes red wine, coffee, tea, soda, beets, blueberries, etc. Alternatively, if you choose to purchase our post-whitening treatment, you’ll be able to resume your normal activities immediately.
- White Spots on Teeth - It’s not uncommon to notice white spots on your teeth after your treatment. These are either caused by porous teeth or existing calcium deposits in your teeth. White spots are totally normal and should disappear within a day.
- White Spots on Gums - If you had any cuts or sores on your gums, you may experience some mild irritation. You may notice white spots on your gums after treatment, no need to worry as this should also resolve itself within 24 hours.
- Sensitivity - Although it’s not very common, some patients may experience increased gum or tooth sensitivity after their treatment. This sensitivity should subside within 30 minutes to an hour after the treatment. If sensitivity persists, your dentist may recommend that you start using a sensitivity toothpaste.
- Touch-Up Treatments - For the best results possible, we recommend that you undergo a short 20 to 30 minutes “touch-up” session every 6 to 12 months after your initial whitening treatment. Touch-ups can either be done in our office or at home.
- At-Home Touch-Ups - Patients may also choose to purchase a Smile Prep touch-up kit, which can be used as part of your nightly oral care routine to whiten and prevent teeth from becoming stained.
Before and after
Teeth Whitening FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately, many of our favorite foods and drinks can stain our teeth over time.
That’s why a professional teeth-whitening is recommended every 6 to 12 months to help keep your smile looking as bright and white as can be.
Let’s take a look at some other questions that we often hear from our patients.
Yes, Dr. Aksana and her team are qualified and trained to perform completely safe, harmless teeth whitening treatments in Toronto. In fact, teeth whitening is considered one of the safest, least invasive cosmetic procedures currently available.
Our process uses a harmless specialty light that is safe and won’t burn your skin or gums. This light is used to activate the specialized whitening gel that your dentist or hygienist will apply to your teeth before your treatment.
The gel used in the process is primarily composed of hydrogen peroxide, which is highly effective at removing stains and whitening your teeth.
While individual sessions are only between 15 to 20 minutes long, a series of 3 short sessions are considered a full treatment.
Contact us today to learn more about our teeth whitening procedure.
When the whitening gel is applied to your teeth, it’s completely harmless and doesn’t do anything.
However, when activated by our specialized UV laser light, the gel works to gently whiten teeth by penetrating the dentin and enamel and remove any discoloration.
Yes, in fact, this procedure has been proven to whiten teeth anywhere from 6 to 12 times shades in as little as one short 15-minute treatment.
Those with poor enamel health or decalcified teeth should avoid this treatment, as well as women who are pregnant or lactating. Additionally, those who suffer from advanced forms of periodontal disease such as gingivitis should not undergo treatment.
You should also never undergo a whitening treatment while wearing braces or if you’ve had oral surgery within the last 6 months.
Before undergoing treatment, your dentist will first examine the state of your oral health to determine if you’re a good candidate for teeth whitening. However, more than 90% of patients are eligible for this procedure.
While most patients don’t report any residual sensitivity, some 5% of patients may experience mild gum irritation and a bit of increased sensitivity, which usually resolves itself within 24 to 48 hours.
Those with thin or weak enamel are more likely to experience these issues.
You may experience a mild tingling sensation; however, you should not feel any major pain or discomfort.
If you have gum disease or any cuts or sores in your mouth, your dentist will likely recommend that you wait until the conditions have been addressed before undergoing a whitening treatment.
In some cases, your gums may become mildly irritated and turn slightly pale before treatment. This usually doesn’t last more than a few hours and should resolve itself without treatment within a day or two.
White spots may also be noticeable where any demineralization has occurred but should also resolve themselves promptly.
Before and after
Why Choose CHROMA DENTAL™?
As one of the region's leading dentistry practices, Chroma Dental's primary goal and vision is to serve our patients with the best dental care currently available in the GTA.
Not only does this mean that we strive to offer a pleasant experience to each patient, but we are also committed to treating them using cutting edge tools and techniques, as well as educating them on the best ways to care for their teeth.
In other words, we strive to make every visit to our office as safe, comfortable, and enjoyable as possible.
A Team You Can Count On
This is precisely why Dr. Aksana Tkachenko's team is highly skilled and dedicated to you, our valued patient, at all times.
From our friendly, professional dentists, hygienists, assistants, and the rest of our staff, everyone in our practice is committed to their role in providing you with an extremely enjoyable experience when you come in for a visit.
We take care of our team, so they can work tirelessly to make Chroma Dental the go-to dental clinic in the region when it comes to friendly, professional oral care.